Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You are what you eat......

You are what you eat and I am flippin fat.  I did not get this way eating fruits and vegetables.....I can tell you that much!  It is absolutely not normal to spend as much time thinking about food as I do.  And this past week, those thoughts centered on pretty much one thing.  One specific combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  I will tell you that I am addicted to junk food, but I cannot explain my unhealthy attachment to Reese's.  Holy crap.  It is ridiculous.  There were a couple of times last week and this weekend that I thought if I could just squeeze in one package of Reese's a day I could be successful on this diet.  Reese's and diet are two words that do not belong together, but I digress.  One package a day?  No wonder I am roughly the size of a cow!  Who in the heck eats a candy bar every day???  Me, that's who.  And in the interest of full disclosure in this journey I will be honest and tell you that somedays it was more than one.  What a waste of money.  Someday I will get the balls to add up the amount of money I have spent to buy food that would eventually kill me.  I know this sounds like I am being down on myself, but I assure you, I am not.  Live and learn.  I am only 31 years old....I have plenty of time to turn this around and get to a healthier weight with better eating habits.  Something wonderful that will be a by product of this journey is that my family will eat better and move more.

That being said....it is going to be along dang journey if I do not stop dreaming of Reese's cups and Puffy Cheetos.  Somebody call a doctor.....is Gene Simmons available? ;)

By the way....I posted a loss of .8lbs.  Not much to speak of but this is a complete lifestyle change and I am beginning to realize that it may take a while to completely change my relationship with food.  I have a long way to go before I get to the point where food is something you consume to keep the machine going.  I even exercised a couple of times.  Watch out now!

This week I learned two things:
1.  Even after eating better for one week.....I feel better and have more energy.
2. There are lots of things to do when I am happy, sad, mad, stressed than eat and the payoff is bigger.

Thanks for joining my journey!

Big Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment